Fifth Anniversary Sette Design Blog




It is crazy to think that  5 years ago today I started this blog.  Happy Anniversary Sette Design Blog!  I remember the day clearly, because I was living here in Italy and we had just had the first snow fall on the mountains that surround our city.  Now 5 years later with climate change, it seems there is no snow insight for who knows how long.  My girls were 9 and 13 compared to now 14 and 18, huge difference.

To celebrate today I thought I would give you some advice, this I secretly find funny because if you knew my life more intimately you would say (or quietly think) Nat you really are not in any position to give advice.  But when you hear the advice you will see that actually is is common, simple, pure and obvious.  Plus this way we can look back on some pretty photos I have taken in the years past.

Here we go life advice from Sette Design.




Make home made bread, it will make your friends and family so happy it is ridiculous and strangely it will also make you feel good about yourself.  The house will smell amazing.




Light candles it makes everything look and feel good.






Flowers add color and joy.




The sky is the limit.



Go for walks alone,



and with family.


Change is something we can count on.


Paint something white, it will reflect light into a dark space, of course paint something colored too.  I love colored walls.



Too much at times can be splendid.



Just as simple and empty is pure and lovely.



Paint something it deepens our souls, or play music, cook, write, sing or dance.



Home is where you make it.



If possible make love on vintage Italian sheets.




Embrace whatever kind of creativity you have that makes you purrr.





If something feels wrong run for it.



Rest assured you are not the only one who is crazy.




Drink lots of coffee and remember love is what matters most of all.

Now I will leave you with a good quote and a cool scene I came across years back.

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."

E.B. White



 With affection,
Natalie
















No comments:

Post a Comment