Patina




The Simple Life

It’s raining and I’m drinking hot apple juice with cinnamon.  I just made classic old fashion biscuits (out of Bisquick no less!).  It may be a crime to make biscuits from Bisquick in Napa Valley.  It certainly would be in Umbria if they only knew- the crimes of my heart. Oh the lovely starchiness of Bisquick.



Now back to design as usual.  I love the backs of buildings.  Sometimes they are prettier than the front side, less junked up and squished and cluttered.  The patina is authentic, they give a call to the past, something about Autumn makes us think of past days.  

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com


pink and charcoal gray
This backside building shines and fades with a glorious patina.  The metal shutters and pink and grey  and orange-rust.  I adore the heavy stone and warm white lights.

Autumn days in Napa Valley http://settedesign7.blogspot.com
Fall is here and the days are darkening .  It is time to remember (and I’m reminding myself now also) that peace lies in doing something with our hands.
Write
paint
move
cook
tend
create… something.



peace www.settedesignshop.com
With affection,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. So well observed and beautiful, Natalie. Thank you for this. Johanne

    ReplyDelete