Wall of Grapes - Italian Design




We returned to the Napa Valley to a wall of grapes and streaming grape vines out our kitchen window.  The courtyard glows at night with soft pink sky sunsets and the white lights that are strung above.  We eat dinners outside on our long farm table.   

Sette Design

It is lovely, but of course I miss Italy and Alfredo and all our friends.  I miss the cappuccinos and gelato in the evening and always going for a walk after dinner.



I love the design aesthetic of Italy and how there is a mix of modern and ancient all together.  Here are a few photos I took for you while I was there.  I hope they will inspire you and make you think a bit about what you like and how you can make things better around your home.


How cool is this modern glass awning above the antique door?

Sette Design - note the lions with a almost human faces

I love how this stair rail blends with the architecture, so simple and imperfect.



And of course I love the door within a door concept.  This I have written about before and I will write about it again.  Nat's door within a door obsession kicks in!  It would be fun to have a door like this in America.




 Alfredo told me that during Medieval times many of the homes the front door entered on the street level, then there was a hole in the ceiling where a stair/ladder was dropped down, at night the ladder was pulled up into the house above and the people could sleep safe at night and not worry about getting attacked.

Cheers,
With Affection
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment