My Walk to Work




The Simple Life

Recently while working in California I have been getting jobs where I need drive out of Napa Valley and into San Francisco or the county before.  It takes about an hour and a half and there is often bumper to bumper traffic.  Leaving the Valley early in the morning I drive through the vineyards and feast my eyes on spectacular views of the valley floor, sometimes I will even see a fleet of hot air balloons. I don’t mind the time driving because it is alone time when I can be in my own mind….ahhh. 




Now here in Spello, Umbria I have been giggling to myself because this house I am painting now, it takes me 7 minutes to walk to work and the views are amazing.  I leave early in the morning (to beat the immense heat) and often not too many people are on the streets.

I’ll let the photos tell the story, as you peruse through look for a few cool elements, like a wooden walking bridge, curved church and alleyways with slightly rising bricks to make it easier to walk. The first photo is from leaving our front door, the last is from the deck of my client.  Just to bring you down from viewing my life too romantically, I'll end with the note that I am presently painting brick and beam ceilings, high on a ladder in 95 degree heat.  Ok!

Sette Design
settedesign7.blogspot.com





settedesign7.blogspot.com





Sette Design Spello Italy




Sette Design - Umbria is always green



Sette Design - I want this car it is called an Ape (the Bee)


Sette Design

Cheers,
Natalie

2 comments:

  1. How very, very beautiful, Natalie! I would so love to see it in person. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi
    Just make a huge mental note to visit Spello one day- visualize it- and then you will.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete