Espresso con Panna



The Simple Life 

Once the mercury hits 80 degrees (27 Celsius) I feel the need to make espresso with whipped cream.  I even believe in having a spray can of whipped cream for a topping on the hot espresso.  Honestly the cream in a can is gross but the girls love to spray their mouths full.  In our city in Italy it is quite easy to get  homemade whipped cream at the bar and when it is a hot summer night that Panna just magnetically pulls me helplessly toward the bar.

Here in California I use this simple recipe.


I fill a stove top espresso pot (la Mocha) with Italian brand Lavazza Perfetto Espresso, which I can joyously buy at Safeway.  I fill the pot with water just within the bottom part the metal filter inside the pot.  Then I pile on the espresso in a light airy mountain of coffee grounds not compressed down.  Cook it on a low heat.

Whipped Cream (Panna)

1 ½ cups of Whole Whipping Cream
1 Tsp Thahitian Vanilla Extract
2-3 Tsp sugar.

Mix with an electric mixer until creamy with ridges.  It is very possible to whisk it by hand.

I add a teaspoon of sugar also to the hot espresso once it is in the cup.

It is a lovely desert served after dinner in pretty cups and guests can add their own whipped cream to their preference.

What do you love to do once the temperature goes up?

Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with these parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment