Hope





It is raining out and I’m drinking peppermint tea and I have just turned on the white lights that are strung high above the garden courtyard.

Sometimes when I’m feeling blue, it is so silly (or desperate?) how one inkling of hope can give me that jolt to the heart.  It is enough to wake me up, at least for that moment and I become utterly certain that-- to quote Prince “joy lives round the corner”.



Rosemary sprigs hoping to become topiaries

I love that feeling of hope.  It is addictive that jolt, it just makes me want more!

http://settedesign7.blogspot.com
I was painting a house in San Francisco recently and walking the fancy streets on my lunch break I came across this black stone.  


I couldn’t believe my eyes, it seemed so out of place there on the sidewalk all alone.  I found it to be shockingly full of hope.  I snatched it up of course, I liked how easily I could put hope inside my pocket, heavy and black and patient.

Cheers,
Natalie