Winter Bouquet Inspiration




I’m back in California and the rain won’t quit.  We have little breaks and the sun tries to come out, but the air and ground are always.  We are all thrilled, after 4 years of draught, the rain is a big celebration.  I like to go for long walks and then scavenge for a winter bouquet.  It is easy just to pick up Lichen, branches of Rosehips or fallen Camellia blossoms.  They are often covered in dirt or mud.  At home I rinse them off and put them in a crystal bowl and an old olive oil bottle.  Even if they faded or browned at the edges the effect is still stunning.


http://settedesign7.blogspot.com
I always feel a little sad in January it is my least favorite month.  One of my simple tricks for survival is displaying candles and flowers, it makes the dark days seem romantic and warm.

Sette Design flowers on top of a mirror

Here for inspiration I have placed  the flowers and branches on top of a mirror and right away it makes our tiny home full of reflection.

Cheers to the rain and you.
Xo
Natalie