Homemade Chalk Paint




Here’s a quick recipe that I use for mixing a homemade version of Chalk Paint.



Here is the recipe, but first the before photo...

Homemade Chalk Paint
Latex or acrylic paint
1 cup of paint, mix in 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda.  I then add a dollop of water to make it more liquid.

For this cabinet I mixed my own Chalk Paint for both colors.  I used a soft grey for the outside and a French blue grey color for the interior.

I did about 2 to 3 coats of paint.
I do a little sanding between coats
Then I let it dry and added a dry brush of oil paint in Raw Umber.
This gives the distressed dirty look.
It let’s the cabinet age well.

Then after about 5 days of drying time for the oil paint.  I added a clear coat polyurethane in a satin finish, matte finish might have been better.


http://settedesign7.blogspot.com  - French Provincial painted cabinet


I am so happy to get rid of the knotty pine brown wood.  It makes our little cottage look so pretty fresh and less dark.

here you can see the edged with dry brush of oil paint


Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with these parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment