Glamour Moment


I’m having a little glamour moment at work.  I’m painting a restaurant right in the main Piazza of our city Foligno, Italy.

I’m must say that the space is gorgeous with vaulted ceilings and a stone wall and beautiful old wooden tables.  


There is a view of this amazing church and duomo behind it.

Sette Design- Medieval flower design
What is funny about the work is that I am literally beating up and scraping the walls.  Usually I’m repairing walls to perfection.  This time we want the look to be distressed.

Sette Design- pink brick from Assisi
Above is the view from outside the Osteria when it is warm they have tables outside under umbrellas.  The space is called Gabriele and it is right on Piazza della Republica.  Come visit because they are still open for service.  Right now in Foligno we have the Primi Piati, which is a pasta festival and you can walk around the city and taste different pastas at all different locations.  It is really fun and not expensive.

I’ll show you a little slice of my life, this is how I get to work for this job with my bike crammed with paints and tools.  I still think it is glamorous.  What is glamour after all?  Isn’t a bike full of watercolors and stucco romantic and doesn’t romance become glamour in the blink of an eye?

Sette Design - going to work

Sette Design

Stay tuned and I'll post the completed work.

Cheers,
Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment