Inspirations in Grey




I'm sorry my readers I disappeared for about 10 days there.  Life gets complicated sometimes...no?

Today I want to post up some inspiration in Grey.  I love grey as a neutral color.  Here in my home I have grey and taupe checker board painted floor and a grey and white kitchen and a dark taupe colored floor in my bedroom.  I love how grey looks with color and how it absorbs color.

So I’m going to show you some inspirational photos with uses of grey.

This desk I painted over in gray-taupe and added an antiquing in dark brown oil color.




Here is the before shot.


Here is a fabulous terrace in front of a palazzo in Foligno.  I would definitely have a dance party on this floor if it were mine.

Sette Design Grey Terrace Floor

Sette Design



Lastly here is the floor of the Uffizi Museum in Florence.  I went this winter to see Botticelli’s La Primivera because it is truly one of my favorite paintings of all time.  It is magic.  Of course I couldn’t take a picture of the painting, but I figured a snap of the amazing marble floor and some inbuilt cabinetry was fine.

Sette Design marble floor of the Uffizi.



Sette Design in built cabinetry -Uffizi Museum Firenze



Then this shot of the Arno River and the stacking of colored shops it always a joy to see.


This sign written in English in a cafĂ© made me laugh.  I definitely should be more successful than I am.


Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Great makeover! I'd like to invite you to share it at my Twirl & Take a Bow Linky Party at http://www.houseontheway.com/twirl-take-bow-party-103/. We'd love to have you join the party!
    Have a great weekend!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete