Antiquing a Table Gray Silver




This project came out so pretty.

I love how sophisticated yet distressed it is.


Here’s what I did.  First here is the before shot.



I painted the whole piece a pale gray.  I mixed white primer in with black universal tint to get the gray I wanted and in this way the paint had no sheen …yet.

Then I took a regular tall white candle and I rubbed on the hard wax in areas that I wanted it distressed on the curves and some on top also.

Then I took the same white primer and mixed in more black tint to get a good charcoal gray.  I just love the gradation and tonality of the different grays.  It went on irregular over the light gray and candle wax and I took a wet cloth and wiped over the paint to smooth it out but only in straight movements, not circles.
 
Sette Design - It might still be a bit wet here
Then I painted on silver acrylic paint with a small brush on the edges of the table and base to high light it and give it a glow.  I did not paint in the middle of the table in silver



I wiped off the paint and sanded it too on the edges to let the dark wood show through and this is the effect I am so excited about because it gives the distressed and sophisticated style.
 
Sette Design -Antiquing Process

Sette Design I just love how the base came out
Here is the table in the store closed up.  I like it even better small.  It has already sold too.  So when I went in to chat with my girlfriend in the store and found out it had sold, I licked my finger, put it in the air and gave the sizzling sound (chhhh!!!) which I guess works in Italian also, or she was laughing at me not with me. 


There you are, do you like it?


Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with these parties that are such fun:

French Country Cottage
Romantic Home
Miss Mustard Seed
Between Naps on the Porch
Mod Vintage Life

3 comments:

  1. This is a stunning table! Well done! I'm in love with the pedistal on it.....gorgeous!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete