Painted Bohemian Side Table




I must admit that I never liked this little piece of 1950’s furniture that I found on the street.  But we needed it and the girls liked it.

Recently it had been a bit discarded and I thought I’d give it a new look.  I think now I almost love it!  I work so much here in Italy painting stores and homes for clients often in the tones of white, cream, taupe, gray, which I understand is calming to the eye.  Yet, it is making me crave some color and motif.


I had so much fun just seeing what could happen with layers of paint.  

Here is the before shot.

before

I painted it all gold then this rich cornflower blue, distressed it down to let some of that red and gold come through and then painted the motif on top with a bright almost neon green with brilliant gold accent.

colors - hot pink, gold, neon green, cornflower blue

Sette Design hand painted motif

Sette Design - Table in bright cornflower blue

Sette Design - Bohemian Side Table
Pretty cool – huh?  What do you think?  Is it too much?  It is enticing to become a little Bohemian, a little funky-hip.  Maybe our eyes don’t only need the calm, but they also desire to be stimulated, conflicted, thrilled.


Sette Design - distressing technique


Happy Weekend everyone go in search of what your eyes desire.

Cheers,
Natalie
I'm linking with these parties:

4 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful, Nat. I'm really impressed with the handpainted design. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great funky little table, love how you painted it and it is perfect in it's new purple dress!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, this is gorgeous. I just discovered your blog and have subscribed to it. I found your link through Mod Vintage Life link party. I'll look forward to seeing what other magical things you do. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am going to follow your blog to see what else you do. Come see me, too!

    ReplyDelete