Want To Make Your Life Easier?



The Simple Life

Want to make your life easier?  I know is that a trick question? 

This last week I created this Vanilla Raisin Brown Bread and believe me it has changed my life.  I’m a single Mom and I work for myself, so it becomes pertinent to have easy snacks for school, something quick to grab to give me enough energy to keep painting a ceiling or having something around incase “someone”(tall, big BF) wants a midnight “mirenda”.



 
Vanilla Raisin Brown Bread
and a fresh Vanilla from Maine

This bread seems to make everyone’s eyes light up, just at the mention of it.  What a relief, nutritious, healthy food that can be prepared in 5 minutes (and four hours to rise) this has made my life dramatically easier and I wanted to share it with all of you, because my guess is your life might be even crazier then mine.  If you think you are someone who can't make home made bread you are wrong!  It is so easy.
 
hot out of the oven

Nat’s recipe for Vanilla Raisin Brown Bread.

Put ½ a cube (25g.) of fresh yeast (dry will do too) in a ½ cup of warm water
let it dissolve and mix it with your fingers or a spoon  Set  it aside.

Mix together
2 cups brown flour
3 cups white flour
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons sugar (brown sugar would be good too)
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
½ cup of raisins
Then add the water and yeast to the dry mixture
Then add another 1½ cups of water and need it all together with your hands.
If it is too dry add more water, if it seems to wet add a bit more white flour.

Now set it aside in the same mixing bowl and cover with a cotton or linen cloth.  I let it sit about 3 hours some place warm.
Then I form it into a loaf and put it on the bread pan or cookie sheet and let it rise again for another hour still covered with the cloth.
Cook time is about 20- 25 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit   or 200 Celsius. Cook until the bread is brown on the bottom and lightly golden on the top.
 
Sette Design The Simple Life in Umbria


Served warm with salted butter.  Is there anything better on a cold Winter day then warm bread out of the oven?


You can even double the recipe and freeze one loaf and make your life even easier.

Cheers,
Natalie

I'm linking with:

No comments:

Post a Comment